Yet again, I have my respawn plan to kick start me up all over again.
Definition of respawn – “A gaming term used to describe the action of a computer player or human player coming back to life after being killed.”¹
I used this as a metaphor for coming back after failing at fitness, whether it’s exercising, dieting, or just general lifestyle changes. There is no shame, happens to the best of us. The important thing is, getting back up and fitness.
In the long term, I want to be sexy and confident in my own body like I was five years ago; I want to have a great sex drive and not be worried about my husband noticing my back tire or muffin top or even back boobs; I want to wear beautiful and sexy clothing and fashions with intentions of being a alternative model, such as cosplaying and niche fashions; I want to be able to play with my kids for a longer duration and wrestle with my husband just for fun; I want to get to the point where I don’t have to think about living a healthy lifestyle but actually living one so seamlessly that it’s like breathing.
In the short term, I just want to get back into a routine of exercising and eating right and slowly build up to work out harder and perform more efficiently while also building significant strength.
My weekly goal is to lose 1 pound a week or lose 1-5% body fat every other week. I could loose more but I don’t want to stress myself out. Like this it is much more achievable and realistic.
They say it takes 21 days for a habit to form. Therefore, Respawn plan will be for 21 days starting on a odd day. Just to get things going. Then a new plan!
I’m a superstitious girl and I do believe in many different superstitions from different cultures. One such is the superstition that odd numbers are lucky because they cant be divided.² And I believe that if the day I start can be divided then my will, motivation, and focus will be divided too. To put it simply, I’m saying that I want to stay on track and not wonder on to something else and forget all about fitness and I’m not taking any chances.
Hey, It doesn’t hurt to be cultured. “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”³
Anyways, back to the respawn calendar.
On the first day, exercises will be performed till failure. This is mostly to see where I’m at in endurance, stamina, and strength. Then record how many repetitions were completed.
The following day and on, add 3 more reps from day before till the 21st day is reached.
- Warm up – 5 minute jog or jump rope. Activates heart (cardio).
- Squats – Keeping shoulders back and core tight, push knees and butt out while putting your weight on your heels. (Try to keep a right angle knee when squatting as to not hurt yourself.) Then start lowering your butt like if you were about to sit down. Finally push up leading with your head. (Imagine a string pulling you straight up.) Activates quads (legs), abductors (hip), calves, glutes (butt), hamstrings, lower back.
- Push ups – From plank position slowly raise body by pushing with arms and while keeping core rigid. Then lower slowly. Muscles activated are pectorals (chest), deltoids (shoulders), triceps (back of arms).
- Leg ups – Lying on your back with straight legs and hands to the side, start to bring knees to your chest, followed by extending your legs straight up, lifting your butt and pelvis from the floor. (Your body makes a ‘⊥’ shape with your shoulders on the floor and legs straight up.) Activates mainly your abdominals (core).
These exercises are body strength exercises and require no equipment, except your own personal self. Once the workout is completed, you will have worked all major muscle groups. Now that is a well balanced workout!
- Drink lots of water; a minimum of 6 glasses to a gallon of water each day.
- Eggs for breakfast made in any way with fruit and vegetables.
- Eat grilled chicken, beef, tuna and other types of seafood; vegetables, fruits, and legumes for lunch and dinner.
- Yogurts, nuts, or cheese for snacks.
- Limit salt
- Limit corn anything: corn starch, corn fructose, corn on the cob. If it’s corn don’t eat it.
- No bread, tortillas, muffins, or anything flour based.
I believe in rewarding yourself when you reach or complete a goal. However, rewards shouldn’t be reverting back to old habits you are trying to rid yourself off. That would be counter intuitive.
Rewards can be anything, however. What ever you want but strong enough to motivate you for the week.
Week 1: DIY Spa day at home.
Week 2: A new pair of shoes.
Week 3: A new outfit.
And that’s the end of the Respawn Plan.
I will be posting end of each week titled weekly stats on my progress and as failures if I happen to break the plan.
If you choose to follow with me, good luck and have fun!
Lots of love,
¹Ayelen “Top Definition: Respawn” Urban Dictionary. 2 September 2009
² Kimi “Japanese Love Numbers: From Superstitions to Proper Etiquette” Goin’ Japanesque!. 13 August 2015
³Steve “Nerd Fitness Academy:Academy Overview” Nerd Fitness. – Scroll to very bottom.
Categories: Health & Fitness